How to share your turtle sightings with us
Step 1: Send us your photos or videos with facials profiles of your turtle sightings
Step 2: Add some data:
Minimum required information:
- Dive center: with which dive center did you go for a dive?
- Photos by: who is the photographer?
- Date: when was the turtle spotted?
- Location: where were you when the turtle was spotted?
- Permission to share your pictures: can we use your pictures for our educational material?
- Depth: at which depth were you when you saw a turtle?
- Water temperature: what was the temperature of the water?
- Species: can you say what species of turtle it was?
- Activity at first sight: what was the turtle doing when you first spotted it?
- Approx. Size: compared to the size of your fins or your buddy, how long was the turtle’s carapace?
- Sex: did you see a very long tail (longer than the rear flippers) or a short tail?
- Other info: here you can put anything you would like to share with us.
Step 3: Share your sighting with us!
- Send your sightings to our Facebook page
- Send us a private message through Facebook
- Email us your pictures at email@example.com
For more information, you can download the Turtlewatch manual, ID cards for all turtle species, a flyer and a poster on the side of this page.
For more information, download here: